KRAC runners who love getting muddy, love Cross Country, and off the back of a fantastic series of road race results, we’re looking forward to pushing on into the depths of winter. READ THE SEASON REPORT 18/19
Yes it’s cold, yes it’s wet (most of the time), yes there are even some obstacles, but there’s something about running around the fields and forests of Oxfordshire (and beyond) as a team doing your best.
As with last year we are brilliantly led by Liam Hosier, who does a great job of organising us, and motivating us when the rain is battering at the windows, and daylight is a rare commodity.
How Cross Country works
Aims for KRAC
- Have two full male and female teams for each race (at least 6 women and 14 men).
- Ladies ‘A’ team to win their Division 3, Mens ‘A’ team to at least retain their place in their Division 2 (& hopefully push towards the top).
- For everyone to have a good time, and try and avoid laughing when someone slips and face plants into a muddy ditch (Wiz?). This often helped by drinks and cakes!
KRAC Cross Country Championship – within the club…
- The KRAC Club Championship will be based on the races listed below.
- There will be a separate Men’s and Ladies competition.
- Points in both Men’s and Ladies races will be awarded thus:-
25 points – First KRAC to finish, 8 for 6th
18 – 2nd, 6 for 7th
15 – 3rd, 4 for 8th
12 for 4th, 2 for 9th
10 for 5th 1 point for 10th buy tramadol on line & all other finishers.
- At the end of the season ALL points scored will be added up and the
runner with the most points will be the winner.
It is not necessary to run in all the races to qualify, but, obviously,
it helps the team if you do.
- Club vests must be worn (No vest, no score.) Race Numbers are issued
on the day. No headphones please. (lots of clothes can be worn under the vests!!)
- Entry fees for all the Cross Country races are covered by KRAC.
Dates and venues
Oxford XC /Oxford Mail League
- Round 1: Sun, 3 Nov 2019 – Bicester Heritage – report available
- Round 2: Sun, 1 Dec 2019 – Cirencester Park.
- Round 3/OxonXC Champs: Sun, 5 Jan 2020 – Bo Peep Caravan Park.
- Round 4: Sun, 2 Feb 2020 – Lawns Park, Swindon.
- Round 5: Sun, 1 Mar 2020 – Henley Showground.
Timings for all races…
- Please email Liam your availability
- If you can marshal please contact him too as he needs 3 marshals from the club across the season.
- Car shares – there’s usually the chance to car pool/share from Stratfield Brake (especially as the car parking costs are £4 a car & the venues are relatively far away from us!) check our facebook and Whatsapp out to arrange it.