The Club has organised the Mota-vation Summer Road Race Series since the late 1980s, a series of five road races, each approximately four miles, held monthly at various venues in Oxfordshire on Thursday nights.
The Club is competing in the Oxfordshire AA Grand Prix Race Series and the first Mota-vation Race often forms part of that series too.
This year will be the 30th running of Mota-vation. All the details are below. Note in particular the introduction of chip timing for this year’s series.
Welcome to the 30th season of the Mota-vation Race Series.
All the details and results can be found here.
Entries can now be accepted for Race 3 or for all three remaining races. Entries for all three races must be made by post, to arrive not later than Friday 23rd June. Entries for just Race 3 may be made by post (same closing date) or up until 7 pm on the night. Further information and entry forms can be found here.
Note: There are lots of new rules this year, so please take this opportunity to read this post carefully.
- We will use chip timing throughout the series this year, provided by Tempo Events.
- They will be using a “chip on bib” system. This means that each runner will be issued with just one number, to be used for all races, and it is important that numbers are not folded! Replacements for lost, damaged, or forgotten numbers can be provided for a small additional fee.
- Actual numbers will be issued at the first race (Charlton) or held for subsequent collection at later races. There will be no advance distribution this year.
- We intend to hold just a single race for men and ladies at Charlton this year as chip timing increases the capacity. However, we reserve the right to revert to separate races for men and ladies if necessary, either because of increased numbers of runners or if actual conditions on the night dictate a lower course capacity. In this event, the men’s race will precede the ladies’ race as in previous years.
- Otherwise there are no changes from the past. Runners may “pay as they go” to build up a series score, but must now remember to bring their original number. Those who have entered for the Charlton race may pay for subsequent races on the night (including Bletchingdon); otherwise there will be no new entries on the night at either Charlton or Bletchingdon, and a decision on the availability of new entries from Race 3 onwards will be made after Race 2.
- Mementos will be given to those who enter for the series only.
Race 1 Charlton-on-Otmoor 27th April
Race 2 Bletchingdon 25th May
Race 3 Combe 29th June
Race 4 Combe II 27th July
Race 5 Oxford 31st August
Click here for the race results and overall standings for the Mota-vation 2016 series.